Like everyone else, do you also want strong and shiny hair? Of course, you do. If you search it on Google, you will find plenty of ways to make your hair strong and shiny. Some of those methods will work and some probably won’t work. Some of them use organic substances while some of them use some synthetic materials. But there is a method which surely works for everybody- a rice water method. It is simple and does not have any harmful effects.
It’s not a new method to use rice water to make hair strong and shiny. Women in Japan have been using rice water for centuries to beautify their hair. In the Heian period, the court women in Japan used to have long, beautiful hair that draped to the ground, thanks to the rice water.
Women from Japan still use this method to care for their hair and out of curiosity, scientists did research on the effect of rice water on our hair. The results were very positive. They found that there is a substance in the rice water, called inositol, which prevents the hair from getting damaged and also repairs them.
Other benefits of this method are that there is no use of chemical substances and you can prepare and use it at your home. In this article, we are providing you the procedure for preparing and using the water that you can try at your home. Here it is:
Ingredients that you need:
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
How to prepare rice water
- Take 1 cup of rice, rinse and strain it to remove all the dust and impurities that the rice may have.
- Put the strained rice in a bowl and add water to it. Blend the mixture until it seems thick and cloudy to you.
- Now filter the water to remove the rice. Don’t throw out the rice, you can cook them.
- Now keep the water in a plastic or glass container, cover it and let the water still for 12 to 24 hours. This will ferment the rice water and all the minerals and vitamins will come out. Don’t keep it still for more than 24 hours because with time, like other things, it loses its value too.
- Keep the rice water in the refrigerator until you use it.
- Fill a small bottle, like a bottle of shampoo, with rice water so that you can apply it to your hair easily in the bathroom. Don’t keep all of the rice water in the bathroom. Just take the amount that you need and keep the excess in the refrigerator.
How to apply the rice water
- You can use the rice water on your hair just like you use the shampoo. Apply it and let it on for 2-5 minutes.
- There is no specific schedule to apply the rice water, just apply it after shampoo and conditioner so that all the dirt is already removed from your hair.
- When you’re applying the rice water, focus on your scalp and gently massage it with the tip of your fingers.
- Don’t wash the hair with shampoo after applying rice water. Simply wash them with normal water.
Apply rice water whenever you wash your hair with shampoo. After 1 week, you will feel that your hair is getting thicker, softer, and shinier. You will feel it by just touching your hair, or you can confirm it by running a comb through them. After a couple of weeks, your hair will become stronger and softer. You’ll notice a reduction in the hair fall and your hair will seem more noticeable to you.