This article is all about how to get fluffy hair for guys and girls alike.
From Shakira to Rihanna and Nicki Minaj, these powerpack ladies have embraced their hair’s fluff, curls, and volume. The puffy and fluffy hair look adopted by Michael Jackson in the 1980s seems to be revived by looking at more fluffy hair pictures flooding on Instagrams of celebrities- Hailey Bieber, Emma Chamberlain.
If talked about fluffy hair with nice wavy and layer structure, most women and men like to have such voluminous hair. And when it’s in fashion, it is like a blessing in disguise. You can get your hair styled to get a volumed fluffy look or do it by yourself. However, if you’re hitting a salon for hair styling, don’t forget to show your beauty editor a reference picture of what you expect.😉
We’re going to talk about how to get fluffy hair that is not frizzy or annoying to carry.
What Is Fluffy Hair?
There is no absolute definition of what to call fluffy hair. Although, voluminous hair with a bit of wavy and messy texture is referred to as fluffy hair.
How can you define fluffy hair in an absolute way?
It is important to have a definition for fluffy hair because you cannot get fluffs if you don’t know what it exactly is.
So here it is,
Following things make fluffy hair:
Volume, a tamed wavy look, layering with light and feathery hair look.
Shiny hair with volume and a wavy look are desired by men and women alike. But there is a difference between fluffy and annoying poofy hair. Fluffy hair is desirable, and poofy hair is avoided. But what is the difference?
Fluffy Hair Vs. Poofy Hair
Fluffy hair is what we call medium messy hair with a beautifully blown-out hair volume. Fluffy hair refers to a shiny, bouncy, well-structured, healthy, and smooth texture.
On the other hand, the undesirable poofy hair texture is all about fuzzy, frizz, and voluminous hair. The untamed poofy hair does not look healthy and shiny; instead, it looks like hair deprived of proper care and nourishment.
How To Get Fluffy Hair?
Now when you know what fluffy hair is, knowing how to get fluffy hair at home is going to be your deal maker. Either you want to know how to get fluffy curly hair or how to get fluffy hair for guys, these stylists-approved methods are not going to be a disappointment for you.
So let’s get started.
The most popular, effective, practical, and useable way of fluffing your hair is through hairstyling. In most cases, you will like to book a salon to get your hair look done. However, you can also do it by yourself at home. All you need is few tools, and you’re all set to go. You will need:
- a blow dryer
- Volumizing shampoo
- Volumizing mousse
Volumizing Shampoo and mousse are optional.
Fluffy Hair For Girls:
- Wash your hair with regular shampoo or a volumizing one to get the best results. Washing your hair every day gives you more freedom to play with your hair. However,
- Apply the conditioner on your wet hair and rinse off with water after few seconds. Conditioner provides moisture to your hair and helps you avoid tangling of hair.
- Comb your hair while they’re wet to get rid of knots, tangles, or starts. However, be gentle through the process.
- The next step is to blow dry your hair. Blow-dry your hair in such a way that you’re blowing half of your hair length—alternatively, blowing hair by making a hair bun of wet hair. It is probably the simplest way for people who often ask: how to get light, fluffy hair naturally?
- Blow drying will give your hair a natural fluffy look.
How To Get Fluffy Hair For Guys:
- Shampoo your hair with a good shampoo and apply conditioner afterward. Once dry, your hairs are ready for styling.
- Volumizing mousses are typically gel-based styling products, and they are more effective than hair sprays and gels. It is preferable to avoid the gel products for your hair as they stiffen the texture and leave crispy hair –totally undesirable. Apply the mousse to your hair.
- After applying the hair volumizing mousse, blow dry your hair as it will help hair dry quickly and give a more natural fluff to hair. Keep the blow dryer at a distance of 30 cm or 12 inches from your head.
Upside-Down Blow Dry Help
Besides using the blow drying method discussed above, you can instantly get tamed fluffy hair by blowing air upside-down on your hair. You might have noticed your hairstylist doing it quite when drying your hair. When you’re blowing dry your hair upside down, it gives a natural lift to your scalp as your roots are being pushed upward.
How to do it?
- Wash your hair with shampoo, apply conditioner, and rinse it off with water.
- Now treat your wet hair with blow dryers. Dry your bangs in the first place(upside down). Now start blowing dry your hair in an upside-down direction.
- Take a round brush and soothe your hair when your hair is dry up to 80% or 90%.
- For a more defined and neat look, you can straighten your hair ends with a straightening iron.
Hot Rollers Are Great
Hot rollers can help a lot for people with straight hair to get fluffy hair. Hot rollers require no handling of straightening irons or curling irons. Take a set of hot rollers and throw in your hair for a straight 20 minutes when you’re dolling up to go somewhere. Hot rollers will give you a pleasant, soothing, light, fluffy look that can be achieved without any difficult technique.
- Take small sections of your hair and apply hair spray before rolling. It will give a long-lasting volume to your hair.
- Choose the direction of fluff you want in your hair and then roll your hair in the direction. You can roll outward from your face to get Hollywood glamourous waves. If you want a more classic wavy look for your hair, roll inward.
- After 20-30 minutes, free your hair from hot rollers. Take a round brush to shape your waves and get a neat fluffy look.
Teasing and backcombing are often looked down on as a hurtful technique damaging your hair strength. However, it is not the case. It has not to be aggressive tangling of your hair constantly. Instead, it can be regarded as the most reliable way of puffing your hair.
- Take sections of your hair from the middle of your head. Tease out your hair with a metal comb by nice and gentle strokes. The way of doing it is by pulling the comb toward your hair.
- NEVER use the same technique with all hair on your head because it is just about giving an excellent volume to your hair. Leave your hair sides and front as it is.
- When you can see a puff in your hair while backcombing, stop right there. The poof will look frizzy and uneven.
- Apply the hair spray on the front of your hair by lifting your hair in your hands. It will help retain the fluffy look. If you’ve thick hair, do not apply too much hair spray.
- Lay your hair back to get a mild fluff, if desired. Comb the hair sides, bangs, and back to finish your look.
Tips To Get Fluffy Hair
Here are some valuable tips to keep your hair fluffy without minimal effort:
- Coating your hair with dry shampoo after finishing the blow-dryer is an excellent technique. It will help your hair retain the natural oils and moisture. Since dry shampoo helps in build hair volume, you can spray it on your hair lengths too.
- You can also crimp your roots to get a natural puffy hair look. Crimp your hair roots and comb them afterward.
- Sleeping in a bun can also give you an adorable fluffy look the following day. Take a shower and wrap up your hair in a bun and secure it with an elastic hairband. In this way, your scalp will be naturally lifted off during the hair drying process. You’ll get soft waves by using this technique.
- Hair volumizing, shampoos, sprays, and mousses are extensively available in the market. Be wise to choose the hair styling products that have the minimum impact on your hair health. Stay away from gel products like hair gels. Also, avoid using hair volumizing shampoo too often. It weakens your hair and more prone to breakage.
In a Nutshell,
Getting fluffy hair or straight hair is your choice. You asked how to get fluffy hair, and we have shared different methods of getting fluffy hair. If you ask how to get fluffy hair for guys or how to get light, fluffy hair, answers are right there for you. We’ve tried to suggest more natural ways that involve fewer hair styling products to help you retain your natural hair texture and health. We hope the methods to get fluffy hair will help you get hair volume as you desire.