Pimple or acne is one of the most common skin problems that affect not just teenagers but even adults. There are several products as well as professional treatments available in the market that can help you improve your pimple situation. Apart from them, there are numerous home remedies that you can try out, some of them have been mentioned below.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Made by fermenting apple cider, it is famous for having the ability to fight different types of bacteria and fungi. Apple cider vinegar contains several organic acids such as citric acid, succinic acid, and lactic acid. Citric acid kills the acne bacteria, succinic acid reduces inflammation, and lactic acid helps to improve the scars left behind by the acne. Here are a few steps to follow when you use apple cider vinegar to treat pimples:
- Take apple cider vinegar and mix it with water. Kindly note that if your skin is sensitive, add more water to the solution.
- Cleanse your face and then apply the solution to the skin with the help of cotton balls.
- Wait for 15-20 seconds and then rinse your face with lukewarm water.
If you choose to go ahead with this home remedy, make sure to use the apple cider vinegar in small amounts and dilute it with water as it can cause skin irritation and burns.
Aloe vera is a household plant that has many medicinal values. One of them is the treatment of acne. The clear gel in the leaves of the plant contains salicylic acid and sulfur which helps in reducing acne. All you need to do is follow these simple steps and you’ll notice a significant improvement in your acne:
- Scrape the transparent gel in the aloe vera leaves with the help of a spoon.
- Directly apply the gel on your face as a moisturizer.
- You can repeat these steps 1-2 times every day.
If you are buying aloe vera gel from the store, make sure that it is 100% organic and doesn’t have any added ingredients.
Apply Green Tea
Green Tea has grown popular when it comes to promoting good health. Since it is rich in antioxidants, green tea cleanses the acne-causing bacterias as well as reduces inflammation. Follow these steps to get rid of pimples at home:
- Prepare the tea by adding green tea leaves to boiling water and wait for it to cool down.
- Dip a cotton ball in the tea and apply it to your face. Alternatively, you can pour the tea into a spray bottle and then use it.
- Wait for it to dry properly and then rinse it off.
You can also apply the remains of the tea leaves on your skin or add them to honey and make a face mask.
Honey & Cinnamon Mask
Honey and Cinnamon have the ability to fight the acne-causing bacteria and reduce inflammation which are the main factors for acne. All you need to do is:
- Make a paste by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Cleanse your face, then apply the face mask and leave it on for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse the face mask off completely.
Spot healing with Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil is an essential oil that has its origins in Australia. It is extracted from the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia which you can find there. It is growing famous as it has the ability to reduce acne and is much more comfortable to use as compared to other chemicals that fulfil the same purpose. Before you opt for this home remedy to treat your pimples, you need to keep in mind that tea tree oil is very potent so it needs to be diluted before you apply it to your skin.
- Mix 1 part of the essential oil with 9 parts of water.
- Apply the solution to the selective spots.
- Repeat this process at least once a day.