Discover the best makeup remover balms and how they can change your daily skin routine.
Are you someone who loves to wear makeup every day in and out?
If yes, brace up as we’ve something amazing in the box today. You might have been abundantly using the makeup wipes or micellar water to clean the makeup residuals off your face every night. Cleansing is one of the essential parts of a daily skincare routine –if you follow one. However, we have something that can be your cleansing cream and a makeup remover at the end of the day.
Recently, the trend of using makeup remover balms instead of wipes has increased; and it’s indeed for good. There are so many reasons you should use cleansing balms or makeup remover balms to wipe off your makeup. In this article, we’re going to share some of the best makeup remover balms with you to try and become a fan of.
- 1 What Is A Makeup Remover Balm?
- 1.1 Makeup Remover Balm Vs. Other Options
- 1.2 Best Makeup Remover Balms
- 1.3 1. Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm
- 1.4 2. Farmacy natural makeup remover
- 1.5 3. E.l.f holy hydration face cream
- 1.6 4. Neutrogena makeup remover melting balm
- 1.7 5. Good molecules instant cleansing balm
- 1.8 Conclusion
What Is A Makeup Remover Balm?
Makeup remover balm or cleansing balm has a balm-like consistency, and you apply it on your skin. Thanks to the cleansing balms, you don’t have to wipe your makeup off harshly with the makeup wipes. All you’ve to do is to scoop out enough balm to remove your makeup. Apply it on your skin and massage until you see makeup coming off. Afterwards, wash your face with water.
The makeup remover balms remove your makeup, cleanses your skin, and provide the necessary moisture, specifically during winters.
Makeup Remover Balm Vs. Other Options
If you are asked about comparing makeup remover balm and other makeup removing options, you’ll get a divided opinion. However, one thing is confirmed that using makeup wipes is not a healthier option for your skin.
A facial foam will be a powerful product to remove makeup effortlessly. But it might leave your skin too dry. Among all the options, makeup remover balm removes the makeup and cleanses and moisturizes your skin. So, our votes are for makeup remover balms.
Best Makeup Remover Balms
Let’s start with the best makeup remover balms for this month’s shopping bucket.
1. Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm
Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm is a great choice for people looking for a lightweight makeup remover. It is not greasy at all and proves to deliver what it claims. Regardless of your skin type, from dry to oily, you can use this cleansing balm to remove makeup and keep your face hydrated throughout. The best thing about this product is that it is also paraben-free.
Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Water, Polyethylene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Vitamin E, PEG-5 Glyceryl Triisostearate
How does it work?
Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm and makeup remover is a fragrance-free and allergy-tested product packed with different ingredients that soothe your skin. The caprylic present in the balm provides skin conditioning and masking to moisturize the skin thoroughly. Safflower seed oil enhances the look and freshness of your skin due to high concentrations of linoleic and other fatty acids. Some research studies have also reflected the antioxidant properties of safflower seed oil for skin appearance.
Vitamin E is also added as an ingredient of the skin cleansing and makeup remover balm. It is packed with a lot of benefits for the skin, including moisturizing, heals UV-related damage, and anti-inflammatory properties that work well for sensitive skin types.
Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm is suitable for all skin types.
- It is a lightweight makeup remover for your skin with hydrating effect afterward.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- It cleanses any stubborn traces of makeup trapped in your skin pores leaving you with silky skin.
- It is a non-greasy and non-drying product that gives your skin a fresh look.
There might be potential risks or side effects of using the Clinique cleansing balm.
- First thing first, the product is comparatively pricey than the other substitute products.
- It is an oily balm that might be difficult to wash without using a face wash. Instead, using a damp cloth to wipe it off is easier.
- Some people might develop irritation on use. If it happens, you should immediately consult a skin specialist.
Check out the price of the product to try as your go-to makeup remover and cleanser here:
It is a 3 in 1 cleansing, moisturizing and makeup removing balm that is paraben and fragrance-free. The product has been tested to suit all types of skin. Therefore, you can comfortably trust the product and bring it home for your daily skincare and makeup-removing routine.
2. Farmacy natural makeup remover
The next one on our list of best makeup remover balms is Farmacy’s Natural makeup remover and cleansing balm. If you want radiant and hydrated skin after washing off the makeup, Farmacy’s product is our choice. In fact, it is not just our choice but Amazon’s choice too. This makeup remover has a blend of different natural ingredients that soothes your skin besides wiping the residue makeup.
Sunflower oil, ginger root oil, bergamot fruit oil, Melia Azadirachta flower extract, Moringa tree extract, Lime oil, orange peel oil, amber powder, turmeric root extract, glycerin, papaya fruit extract, citric acid, and a lot more
How does it work?
The sunflower oil and ginger root oil present in the product cleans your skin thoroughly and nourishes it for a fairer complexion and natural glow. Orange peel oil is also very soothing for your skin. It protects your skin from acne that might break out due to pores filled with makeup and dust. Freckle control and wrinkle lines are also reduced with orange peel oil.
Moringa tree extract present in the cleansing balm purifies your skin and rejuvenates it from pollution damage. Many natural enzymes from papaya extract in the cleansing balm exfoliate your skin and provide a natural glow. The product is paraben-free, sulfate-free, and also free of any artificial colors.
Farmacy’s makeup melting balm is suitable for all skin types –from dry to oily.
- It easily removes the heaviest face and eyes makeup off your skin.
- The moisturizing and skin-nourishing properties of ingredients are very gentle on your skin and keep it hydrated after use.
- Natural exfoliation provides a glow and eventually reduces makeup use
- It is paraben-free and sulfate-free.
- A small study conducted on 35 people has shown that 85% felt improved skin texture, 92% had clean skin, and 91% reported efficiency in makeup removal after two weeks of use.
As ‘All roads lead to Rome,’ everything in this universe has some pros and cons. The potential side effects of Farmacy’s natural makeup remover are as follow:
- The ingredients of products might trigger some allergies in people with unique skin conditions. Therefore, consult a dermatologist before using the product.
- The product is way too expensive than any of the substitutes present in the market. Therefore, it cannot be regarded as a budget-friendly product.
You must check out the price of this Amazon’s Choice product and add it to your cart before it’s out of stock. Check the price here:
It is indeed one of the best makeup removing balms that can be used on your skin every night before going to bed. Just massage this magic product on your skin with fingertips, and it will turn into oil and a milky foam on water application. Wipe it off, or wash your face with water. Ta-da, you’re here with your fresh and hydrated skin after removing makeup.
3. E.l.f holy hydration face cream
e.l.f is a name that every makeup and skincare enthusiast is familiar with. The brand has also launched its hydration face cream to wipe off your makeup and thoroughly clean the skin. It is also a non-greasy consistency that is very light on your skin and leaves it with a soft, hydrated touch.
There are too many ingredients that might be too chemistry-oriented to understand. We will summarize some of the special ingredients that are popular in the skincare industry. It includes niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, peptide complex, squalene, and other vegan ingredients.
How does it work?
Before we go into how this magic product heals your skin from makeup and pollution damage, it is necessary to mention that all products used are cruelty-free and vegan. There is no use of parabens, triclocarban, hydroquinone, and ethoxylates.
Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that moisturizes your skin and promotes moisture balance. It is an excellent oil-control product that cleanses your pores and prevents any acne breakouts. On the other hand, niacinamide is vitamin B3 that protects your skin from pollutants that might contain toxins, UV radiations, etc.
Squalane is often found in good quality face cleansers and scrubs because it is miraculous for skin health. It is an all-in-one component that hydrates, reduces fine lines, softens the skin, controls oil production, soothes skin, and prevents irritations.
It is an ideal product for people with oily skin. However, other skin types’ people can also use it for removing makeup and cleansing skin.
- It is fragrance-free and artificial colors free that protect skin from any damage.
- 100% vegan ingredients are used in the product.
- The presence of squalene, hyaluronic acid, and niacinamide is a blessing in disguise for the product users.
- An excellent product for removing makeup cleanses the skin and improving hydration.
Although it is fragrance-free and there are almost no chances of skin irritation, however, there might be some cons like:
- It is a great product indeed. However, the long-wear mascara might not be effectively removed in one go.
- A more than average scoop is required to wipe off your makeup completely.
- There is no such surprising benefit of the product. It just does what it claims.
Add the cleansing balm to your cart and check out instantly before it runs out of stock. Check the price here:
It is a benefit-packed product with properties of hyaluronic acid, squalene, and niacinamide. Perfect for all skin types. You can get other substitutes in more quantities at a price lower than the 1.76 oz packing of the product. However, the benefits of the product well justify its price.
4. Neutrogena makeup remover melting balm
Neutrogena is the name in cosmetics that does not need any introduction. The skincare products are sold and loved by skincare enthusiasts all over the world across 190 countries. Who knows penguins, too, love Neutrogena.
Let’s cut straight to the point. Neutrogena’s makeup remover melting balm is a great and skin-friendly product that is hard on your makeup but gentle on the skin. This product is a warrior packed with moisturizing benefits regardless of eye makeup, matte lipsticks, or stubborn makeup trapped in pores.
Vitamin E, coconut oil, rice bran oil, soybean oil, camellia seed oil, caprylic, isopropyl palmitate, and a lot more
How does it work?
When you apply the makeup removing balm on your face and massage it, the balm turns into oil and melts the makeup off your skin. The vitamin E in the balm is very gentle on the skin and leaves it moisturized and radiated after washing the face. The soybean oil prevents UVB rays damage and is enriched with vitamin E, linoleic acid, and isoflavones. Besides, it is a great detoxifier and has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that promote glowing and radiated skin.
The camellia seed oil is an anti-aging component that keeps your skin youthful. Coconut oil, too, is very beneficial for skin health as it provides moisture, reduces inflammation, and protects skin from any bacterial infections.
The Neutrogena makeup remover and melting balm are suitable for all skin types –oily to dry skin.
Here are the highlights of the most prominent benefits the product has to offer you:
- It is packed with too many natural ingredients that offer tremendous benefits to the skin.
- The packing of the product is very convenient, and you can carry it with you everywhere.
- The vitamin E in the balm keeps skin hydrated and fresh.
- The effective formula of makeup melting balm removes even the smallest particles of makeup trapped in the pores.
There are some potential risks or side effects of Neutrogena makeup remover melting balm that I need to mention here:
- Some people might experience greasy or oiliness on the skin after using it in greater amounts.
- The water resistance of this cleansing balm is not as effective.
- If you have got very sensitive skin, it might cause irritation. Therefore, ask your dermatologist before ordering this balm.
Check out the price of the product on Amazon here:
Overall, it is a great value for the money. The product is backed by over 2000 reviews and the trust of millions of customers in the brand. The price is also lower than other brands. Therefore, this purchase will be pocket-friendly and skin-friendly simultaneously. Grab your makeup remover balm before everyone stocks it to leave your cart empty.
5. Good molecules instant cleansing balm
As good as the Good Molecules instant cleansing balm!
Our following cleansing and makeup melting balm are from Good Molecules. Another one in our list has made it to Amazon’s Choice. Although, you won’t find too many reviews on the product link. However, take our words for the effectiveness of this product to remove makeup and leave your skin clean and soft. It is all because of the skin-friendly ingredients of this cleansing balm. Let’s find out what are the actual ingredients.
It contains shea butter, camellia oil, sea buckthorn oil, and other vegan ingredients that are necessary for your skin’s health. Other ingredients include pelargonium graveolens flower oil, Citric Acid, cananga odorata flower oil, and a lot more.
How does it work?
Let’s start with how the ingredients of this balm soothe your skin and promote healthier skin. The Cananga odorata flower oil, commonly known as ylang ylang oil, is very beneficial for relaxing skin muscles, preventing bacterial infections, etc. Shea butter is a world-famous product for its skin-related benefits.
Shea butter is jam-packed with skin benefits from healing dry skin, providing anti-aging properties, removing scars, and controlling acne breakouts. Camellia oil and sea buckthorn oil also provide rejuvenating properties to the skin. Besides, the sea buckthorn oil is also beneficial to restore moisturization in the skin and improves the skin’s resistance to pollutants and harmful particles.
Besides removing your makeup effectively, this product heals your skin and leaves it beautiful even after wearing makeup regularly.
The Good Molecules makeup melting balm is effective for all skin types.
- It not only removes makeup but also provides a shield against environmental pollutants, UV rays, and impurities.
- The product is budget-friendly as well.
- 100% vegan ingredients are used for composition.
- It is your all-in-one moisturizer, cleanser, and makeup remover for daily use.
- If we compare the price and formula with Clinique Take the day off cleansing balm, the latter one is on the upper side. However, it is still better than many others.
- It might provoke skin irritation in people with any skin condition. Such people should consult their dermatologists before applying the product.
- The product’s price tag is much higher than most of the good options available in the market.
Check out the price of the product on Amazon’s store here:
It is an excellent mid-range cleansing balm that can also be used as a makeup remover. You can add it to your morning or night skincare routine at your convenience. The most encouraging fact about the product is that it is 100% vegan and paraben-free.
We have shared some of the best makeup remover balms and cleansing balms that you can use in your daily life for removing makeup and keeping your skin hydrated. There are uncountable options in the skincare and cosmetics industry you can try on. However, we have a bonus for you at the end of this article. Besides the ones we’ve already shared, here are some more customer-tested and trusted products that you can try on.
Do let us know in the comment section about the cleansing balms and which one did suit you best.